GARDEN CLUB OF AMERICA
Index to the Bulletin: January, March, May, July, September, November
N.p. 1930. Octavo. (8 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches). , 580pp., small bookplate on title page labelled "Mrs. Douglas Hartshorne, Club Road, Rye, New York."
Three quarter green morocco, cloth boards.
Provenance: Owner's stamp reading "Douglas R. Hartshorne"
The Garden Club of America was founded in 1913 as a volunteer nonprofit organization with a mission to promote the importance of horticulture and environmental protection in community development. It spans 201 clubs and about 18,000 members across the country, which participate in community projects and committees, scholarly publications, educational conferences. The Club gives out annual scholarships and fellowships for scholarly research in the arts and humanities, with an emphasis on horticulture. The GCA publishes a quarterly Bulletin for its members regarding news and updates within its club. This item is an index to that bulletin, corresponding to the months January, March, May, July, September, and November of 1930.